10TH ANNUAL 2012 SCRIPT PIPELINE SCREENWRITING CONTEST
Start Date : March 16, 2012
End Date : May 1, 2012
Time : 9:00 am to5:00 pm
With more major writer success stories in the past two years than any other competition, the 10th Annual Script Pipeline Screenwriting Contest sets its sights on discovering up-and-coming creative talent and connecting them with top production companies, agencies, and managers.
The contest-winning script Killing Season, starring Robert De Niro, went into production in January 2012. Former contest winner Evan Daugherty sold his spec Snow White and the Huntsman to Universal for $3 million, and 2010 winner Tripper Clancy was hired by Fox as a comedy writer after securing representation with Script Pipeline industry partner FilmEngine.
Last season, over 3,500 screenplays were entered in the Screenwriting and TV Writing competitions combined, making it one of the most-entered contests worldwide. Beyond prizes, winners are given industry circulation to approximately 200 qualified industry contacts.
All top 20 finalists receive:
• Phone or in-person consultation with Script Pipeline to discuss the screenplay and receive additional, detailed notes
• Individual assistance in polishing the finalist script before circulation
• Personal introductions to active managers and producers looking for specific types of writers
• The opportunity to send other screenplays or treatments to Script Pipeline for review by our Director of Development
The intent is to not only support dedicated screenwriters, but funnel upper-echelon material from current and previous finalists to our industry network.
- First deadline is May 1st, 2012
- Entry fee: $50/script
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO AND HOW TO SUBMIT
Organized by bw
Online - Video Symphony Contest: write, shoot & edit a short based on the logline "Stranger With A Good Heart"
Winter Film Awards presents … 2nd Annual 48-Hour Film Challenge What can YOU do in just ...